So the title of this post was going to be titled "Wonder of Wonder, Miracle of Miracles" and I was going to say something about Jackson being potty trained and how he wasn't having accidents, but that was this morning. I was going to post about how Jackson filled up his potty chart and how I was so proud of him and I finally took him to jump on it. He had an absolute blast. Trampolines scare me (little kids jumping on trampolines scare me) and when there are a ton of kids also jumping on trampolines it is even more scary, but my children loved it. Of course when I got there my camera ran out of batteries, so there are no pictures, but I'm sure we'll go back. I was also going to post about how my boys have behaved so well lately and I had such a great weekend, once again, that was this morning.
So this morning Jackson slept in until 8:00. Which is really sleeping in for him. I'm actually not minding the time change. And I woke up thinking wow, my boys have been so good lately. I took them to Tremonton for their cousin Madi's birthday party and they were great. Jackson was good at Church and he has been taking naps so well. What good boys I have. We haven't had trauma for a while. Then Hayden woke up.
He was mad at the breakfast I gave him and decided to pour all his cereal and milk on his clothes. He was soaked. And then he realized he was cold, or that his cereal was gone and he started to cry, you know the build up kind, where it starts out kind of slow and just builds up to louder and louder volumes until the tears are streaming and their faces are bright pink? That's always fun, so I put him in the tub to wash the milk off, but he was still mad, so he threw a tantrun and hit his upper lip on the side of the tub and split his frenulum (The membrane between the upper gum and upper lip) Blood starts coming out of his nose and mouth. The poor child's upper lip was huge. But we recovered from that and ran some errands, and then finally, finally, it was the most glorious time of the day......naptime.
But Jackson didn't want to take a nap. Now, I am going through caffeine withdrawals, and I needed a nap, so I closed Jackson's door, and told him to go to sleep. Then I tried to take a nap and as I was peacefully drifting off, I thought, "Oh, my pottytrained boy is being so quiet. He's going to sleep. What a wonderful boy."
That thought didn't come into my head after that point in the day. Jackson didn't nap, and after cleaning, poo and pee off the floor, three pairs of pants later, and finding Jackson standing in the toilet, I no longer felt that I could blog about our potty training success. And tomorrow Hayden gets tubes. Talk about actual trauma.
4 comments:
Shelly...I am soooooooooo sorry! Want to come and play this afternoon? We will be going outside for a while...before dinner and Enrichment @ 6. (Which, I am hoping you make it to.)
I am not sure I could imagine a worse situation concerning Potty-training and nap time...etc... I hope today is better!
Shelly!
OOOOH MY GOSH! At times like that, don't you feel like locking your door and reading the Twilight series again? I hope you are able to look back at that day and laugh (perhaps after much time, I'm sure).
I'm sorry! Did you at least take a picture of him standing in the toilet? Probably not, that might encourage it.
Oh, potty training is the WORST! It was absolutely horrible with Alyssa. They say it is easier with girls, but that better not be the case or Travis will be in diapers forever! Hang in there -- it will get better, eventually.
Post a Comment