Monday, July 21, 2008

We tried to go Camping

We finally took our kids camping. Besides the fact that I couldn't sleep with 16 people in the same cabin, (3 of them 3 and under) we had a good time. We went to the Heber Valley Camp on Friday and Saturday for our annual Baugh Family reunion. Jackson was so excited to go camping and he was so frustrated that he had to wait for his Daddy to finish his homework. Once we got there Jackson and Hayden got to go on their very first paddleboat ride. This was Hayden's face the entire time - when he wasn't trying to get out of the boat and into the water.
And this was basically Jackson's reaction: He loved leaning over the side and trying to splash everyone.
Ty and Jackson went on a walk to find deer:
And they did. Too bad Ty still doesn't know how to turn a nob so that camera is in auto mode instead of manual. He would have had some mighty fine pictures of deer. (He loves taking pictures of deer and we have 20 blurry ones from this trip alone.)
The next day we went on the "Challenge Course" and I finally went on a zipline for the first time ever. That was fun. Yeah family togetherness. See how thrilled Ty was about the whole thing?
Just kidding, he loved it. :)Oh wait, here's me doing what I do best.And Hayden doing what he does best, well he's really good at it.
And Jackson, we love you Jackson, especially since you've taken a nap 3 days in a row.

3 comments:

Lisa said...

That looks like fun! I'm sorry about Ty's blurry deer pictures. Do they teach that in grad school?

The Shill Spill said...

Soooo fun! I'm sorry to hear you couldn't sleep...but if it's any consolation...I didn't sleep any better in a tent of a total of 4 of us. (Seeing as how Carson woke up every hour because of the cold.) :) Isn't camping grand? :)

Kristin Jones said...

How fun! And gotta love a nap three days in a row!!