Wednesday, November 09, 2011

Happy Birthday Hayden

 Hayden is 5!  Ok, so his birthday was almost 2 weeks ago, but better late than never.  For his birthday he wanted to go to Kangaroo Zoo.  It seems to be a tradition in our family and who better to go with him than Jackson?  They had so much fun, like always.
 Apparently they have a Kangaroo mascot.  When it walked away, Hayden whispered, "Mom, it's not a real Kangaroo.  I saw it's neck.  It's a person."  This whole time he thought Mascots were real? 
 Hayden loves to jump off everything.  This wasn't even one of his highest.  Crazy child.  I'm just glad when he can get his energy out.
 This is a huge slide and Hayden decided to go down face first slowly.  He climed down the thing with his hands and braced himself with his legs in the splits, for as long as he could. 
 He is so funny.  His birthday was on a Sunday and we went to Kangaroo Zoo on Saturday.  On Sunday morning Hayden took a present into his room and started opening it by himself.  I freaked out and made him come in my room, where the presents were.  He couldn't wait anymore, so he opened them all on the floor of my bedroom.  Ya, those are my clean clothes in the background.

 This is the third year Hayden has asked for a "pumpkin cake."  I know you can't really tell it's a pumpkin.  I just made it orange and put chocolate chips in the shape of of a pumpkin and a jackolantern face. Hayden insisted that he wanted black balloons in the middle of the cake, for a nose.  Soooo, ya.  That was his birthday cake.  He is always full of very interesting ideas.
We love our Hayden.  I love how he says "exclanation point" and "Millenial Falcon" (if you don't know, it's from Star Wars) and "umbilican cord."  And so many other things.  He is growing up so fast and even though he's been a little challenging lately, he can make me laugh and make my heart melt and I wouldn't change him for a second.  I'll just discpline him a little.  :)

I thought of some more quirky things about Hayden that I wanted to remember:
*He's going through a phase where he refuses to wear jeans.  If he does wear them to school he comes hom and throws them off as fast as possible.
*He goes through 2 -3 outfits a day and loves to wear short sleaves and shorts.  He changes into shorts every day!
*He loves sweatpants or "comfy"pants and likes to wear them with the same color shirt
*He also loves boots - snowboots, rainboots, and wants to wear them every day, especially when he's running around in shorts.  Then he feels he doesn't have to put pants on to go somewhere.  Let's just say his fashion sense is very unique.
*He loves his baby brother.  So much so that I am wondering if Mason will make it through this year.
*He likes to say "uh-uh" to almost everything I ask him to do.
*He has me tie his green blankie into a "lei"
*When he wakes up at night someone has to come "cover him up."  For some reason he can't do it himself.
*When he's tired he has his own languag where he adds certain sounds to words: Shank you, Shmommy, Shmine, or he takes sounds out: Jackon is the most common and sometimes he says mm mm mm mm mmmmmm, but because of his voice inflection we know exactly what he's saying.
He's a character I tell ya!

3 comments:

M and B Jones said...

Happy Birthday to our Hayden! Love you!!!!!

Kristin Jones said...

I love that the boys are holding hands in that pic!

The Simpsons said...

Oh I just love your boys! Can't wait to see you all soon!