Saturday, November 24, 2007

Thanksgiving with Sherpas and I Lost my Child

Happy Thanksgiving. We had an interesting Thanksgiving, as we always do with my Dad's family. We had dinner with about 50 people at my Dad's cousin Trish's house. ( She is an only child and so she is basically adopted into my dad's family as their sister. So I call her my aunt.) She has a huge house in Holladay that fits all my dad's brothers and sisters and their families. and as is typical in my dad's family, we were suppossed to eat at 2:00, and we finally sat down at about 5:00. Oh well, Jackson slept most of the time in an upstairs room and we had lots of time for togetherness and for meeting the Sherpas. I don't know how my aunt knows these people, but we had Thanksgiving with Appa Sherpa and Lhakpa Gelu Sherpa, the world record holder the for the most times scaling Mount Everest and the world record holder for the fastest time scaling the summit of Mount Everest, and their families. It's always interesting at Trish's house.
Last Friday we went to the Childrens' museum with Jennifer and Katelee (sp?). It was so fun except for the end where I lost Jackson when I was putting Hayden in the stroller. I found him about 5 mintues later. (It felt like an hour.) He had run out the museum and down the stairs and policeman was escorting him up the stairs when I finally found him. I was so relieved and scared at the same time. In the past, when almost anyone he didn't know tried to touch him, (and most of the time when someone he did know tried to touch him) Jackson he would scream his bloody head off so I really wasn't concerned about a stranger ever picking him up, but he was so calm with this policeman holding his hand and walking him up the stairs. At least it was a police man or security guard and not someone scary. We're ok though. Anyways, Jackson and Hayden loved it. Hayden was happy to play with anything that was in front of him. Jackson's favorite part was was sitting on the crane and lifting the blocks. We really did have a good time. Thanks Jennifer!

3 comments:

Tiffani said...

Wow, I am glad that you found Jackson, I think losing a child is every parents worst nightmare!

Do you think you could e-mail me your address for Christmas cards @ tiffanimorgan@hotmail.com -Thanks

TamiRichins said...

Sounds like a good Thanksgiving!!! I lost Kyle in Kohls last year for about 5 minutes too!! I feel your pain, it was horrible. Glad all worked out and you had fun.

The Shill Spill said...

I once locked Jake in my house when he was about 6 months old...and I was outside. He was laying on the living room floor...not able to move -- thank goodness. Have you ever felt that panic? WOW! Don't ever want to feel that one again! Although, I have felt the 'lost' feeling before too. (Once in my neighborhood -- because Jake thinks he can walk into anyone's house, and walk out of mine at any time that he feels like it. And, another time for about 2 minutes at Target. That totally freaked me out.) Yah, I am not sure I could stay compossed in such a big place as the Children's Museum...and having him take off out of it. Wow! I am sure glad things are okay.